• Engine: 5.4L V8 (small block)
• Power: 275hp
• Transmission: 4-speed manual
Produced from 1953 to 1962, the C1 holds a special place in automotive history as the first-generation Corvette. The car featured a sleek and distinctive design with a fiberglass body, which was a revolutionary approach at the time. It had a long hood, flowing lines, and prominent rear fenders, giving it a sporty and aerodynamic appearance.
Initially, the C1 was equipped with a 3.9-liter inline-six engine that produced 150 horsepower. In later years, Chevrolet introduced V8 engine options, including a 4.3-liter V8 and a more powerful 5.7-liter V8.
Its limited production numbers and iconic status make it highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts, contributing to its value and desirability in the classic car market. The Chevrolet Corvette C1 played a significant role in establishing the Corvette's legacy as an American sports car icon.
This beautifully restored 1962 C1 ‘Vette’ comes in Roman Red/Beige on a stunning red interior. It was purchased by the current owner as a project car from a Corvette specialist in Pennsylvania, USA in 2007. After shipping the car to Hungary (Europe), it was fully restored (engine, chassis, bodywork, interior) to very high standards at Motor-Classic Ltd, a renown restorer near Budapest, between 2007-2011. The car is fully up to date mechanically, with documentation and photos covering the restoration work.
It comes with the iconic 5.4L small block V8 engine, which produces 275 hp and was fully upgraded to be reliable, safe and fun to drive. It has a new white soft top - no hard top.
The renovation details include:
• Body and chassis were taken apart
• Chassis sand-blasting cleaned and painted
• Body fully restored and newly painted
• The engine compartment was completely redone
• Correct OEM parts used throughout the car
• New Holley carburetor
• New differential
• 4-speed manual transmission and clutch were inspected, with all new gaskets and tune updated
• Modern Corvette suspension with Wilwood disc brake system including lines and wheel cylinders
• Flat springs were changed to spirals
• New main wiring harness from front to back
• All new bulbs exterior and interior
• New hoses and belts throughout
• New white wall tires
• New exhaust
• New fuel lines
• New red colour interior
The car is a certified 'oldtimer' by the authorities (ID card: 5406/11) and has also received FIVA qualification (ID card: 042382). The car runs perfectly and comes with a valid Hungarian (EU) registration title.
Asking Price : 97,000 €